The Code Of Ethics
This regulation is in place to establish research ethics in related matters, and applies to all authors who submit or publish articles for the Korean Economic Review.
Range of dishonest acts in research
- 1. Fabrication of false research results
- 2. Distortion of research content or results by use of fabricated data
- 3. Any form of plagiarism of others' research content or results
- 4. Publication of duplicated research content or results
Investigation and judgment procedure of dishonest acts in research
- 1. All investigation and judgment on informed/suspected dishonest acts of research are managed by the editorial committee.
- 2. Judgment on the dishonest act of articles is decided by the committee on the prerequisite of the attendance of the majority of editorial staffs and the approval of the majority of the attended editorial staff.
- 3. Any member of the editorial staff who is connected with the concerned case is excluded from the investigation and judgment.
Measures on dishonest acts in research
- 1. If a submitted article is found to be involved in dishonest acts of research, the decision is informed to the author(s) of the article and the representative of the institution of the authors are notified of the decision.
- 2. If a published article is found to be involved in dishonest acts of research, the author(s) and the representative of the institution of the authors are notified of the invalidity of the published article, and this is officially announced in the 『Korean Economic Review』.
This regulation takes effect from June 1, 2008